Tanmaya Vichara Marga

Saturday, May 07, 2005

Kink The Title

Love, Lust and Lingerie. My first short screenplay. Sounds as progressive as Sex, Lies and Videotape. One would think!!!! But No!! someone had to suggest replacing Lingerie with Laundry to create the intrigue factor. What could one possibly think of as a plot for Love, Lust and Laundry. Yes !! Love and Lust can leave behind some shag infested dirty loin leading to a climax of washing it off in a community coin laundry...but where the hell is the kink in washing love juices?

Wonder if Hanif Kureishi was thinking about something that I fail to fathom in placing a laundrette as the instrument of gay affection in his "my beautiful laundrette".

My short is just about a perceivably pitiful 40 something character going through psychotherapeutic alternatives. If I place a laundry in the plot, and still retain my lingerie element, I would have to make him a Maytag employee who moonlights at Victoria Secrets. Now, thats a lot of kink in my character. On second thoughts I will save it for a sequel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home