Tanmaya Vichara Marga

Thursday, November 03, 2005

Anneclogues from Italy - Part Deux

11.45 am, Monday : After 5 glasses of Pinot Bianco paired with bruschetta and pasta arabiatta, it was one heck of a "high" feeling in Sienna. The walk through the main square and the narrow alleys leading up to this gargantuan wall was the first time I felt the spirit of vacationing given that everything that preceded this event was so stressful - consulting the local maps, sticking to shedules, deciphering hand shapes and motions to communicate. From atop this wall, its a splendid view of the city of Sienna - red brickstoned walls and tiled roofs. I shot this one hoping someday I would go back and put my silver screen characters against this backdrop.

Suprisingly, the Pinot Bianco was the best wine I had in Italy. Not even the Chianti Classico at Castello Verrazano in the Tuscan wine country could offer a better palate experience. I must confess that Italy somehow didn't live up to the high expectations I had about its smooth and eazy red offerings.








While at Castello Verrazano, picked up a bottle of Vino Santo..more like a wine liquer. The grapes are harvested and allowed to dry and shrivel in an aerated room, losing a lot of its inherent water mass and bringing up the alcohol to 14%.



Where the mountain, sky and the sea meet - The regal, picturesque view of the mediterranean sea from this cliff made me forget the 2 hr steep hike up with the weight of a 20lb backpack.

The freshness of the air racing through my sweat beads is something I will keep yearning for. Cinque Terre, the Italian riviera truly was the best part of my vacation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home