Tanmaya Vichara Marga

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Denim Decadence



Diesel Zathan 764
Regular slim fit...that fit is very relative indeed
Boot cut...how on world do you wear a non-boot cut?
Diagonal side belt loops.
Lift-up coin pocket. They mean the fifth pocket..coin is just an excuse
Cotton/elastane; machine wash...really how often do you wash a pair of blues

It's now the most expensive piece of ass wear in my closet. At 190 bucks a pop, this sucker sure has all that harmony between fine fashion wear and a comfy seating for everything left, right and center of a groin.

Granted, it lacks the sex appeal of a custom cut pinstripe trouser. But then again, picking up women at cocktail parties aint my style either :)

So akin the denim tendencies of the protagonist in my short novella (Blue and Rivetted) this pair of Zathan will largely replace my "not-so-fashionably-fatigued' Abercrombie destroyed flare. For the benefit of those who haven't read the first chapter of Blue and Rivetted, here's an extract from the first few paragraphs. The narrator is the pair of denims.
--------------------------------------
It’s been a good two weeks now since I was stacked on this aged wooden shelf. Beside the shelf is a life sized cut out of a rugged, rodeo who is wearing me – well, not exactly me, a darker wash of me. I was touted as the only five-pocket, riveted, that would offer any serious competition to a certain brand from California that linked horsepower to fabric strength, a symbol of capitalism, a prideful logo to sport on any ass.

I, however, was in a land that was just waking up to the so called global brands such as the one from California. I was in Bangalore. The city was speedily renouncing its post-colonial psyche and steadfastly moving towards a celebrated revolution of bits and bytes. However, when I was being conceived, I do remember the brooding thoughts of that early 60 something man, graciously losing his motor skills, thickly bespectacled, running his shaky scissors on me....
---------------------------------------

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home