Tanmaya Vichara Marga

Monday, November 14, 2005

Beating around the " ___" and the new world lexicon

Intelligent Design
Origin - On the tongue of some lunatic who believes that a supreme force will alter his lack of intelligence.

What a waste of time for Darwin - that trip to the Galapagos island, mapping human brain and development from the times of ramapithecus and sivapithecus. I fear that his survival of the fittest theory is being defied by this class act man who coined the term "intelligent design".

Lexicon Exceptions - Not to be used by Trekkies, Jedi warriors and the Michael Moore fan club.

Eminent Domain
So much for the ancient practice of winning land by fighting battles. This law is nothing new for the native Indians.

Lexicon Exceptions - Not applicable for Zoos and ranches in Texas
This term designed to be used in context with the Arctic National Wildlife Reserve (ANWR) for oil exploration activities.

ANWR (Pronounced An-war)
New word suggestion for Merriam Websters.
"I got ANWRized (an-war- ized)" - Not only did my dad and I make oil money, I made people believe that they can find oil in their own backyard, and to top it all I make my co-profiteers pay something called a "windfall profit" tax (audio) . And guess what - that windfall profit tax aint applicable to me.

Lexicon exceptions - People who defied the theory of evolution (refer to Intelligent Design above), who are still using stones to ignite fire and burn dry twigs to keep them warm.

Civil Union
Because everyother union aint civil enough. Because you don't look like Adam and she doesnt look like Eve and behold the power of God - marriage between you two is satanic, but I do have some good news for you ..."I just saved a ton of money by switching to Geico" (to be read as "if you really want to live together, you two can get into a civil reunion" ). View the Geico commercial

Lexicon exceptions - People who insist that they want to read the "State of the Union" address using a teleprompter

Filibuster
To be used as a verb - "Shhhhh!!! I dont want anyone to know that I am getting away with nepotism - but if they really want to raise hell about it they can go filibuster"

Lexicon exceptions - Harriet Miers and not to be used in conjunction with "I nominate"

2 Comments:

  • At 11:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 11:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home