Tanmaya Vichara Marga

Thursday, November 17, 2005

In search of a Promise land a.k.a the meaning of war

When I inserted the disc into the carousal, it absolutely occured to me that this doc would jus be an emotional deja-vu of "Born into Brothels", only to realize...

War is not a legacy that needs to be passed down from a father to a son. Yes! its a very loaded thought - realized it in my post (.) rumination of that sentence. I meant..to be passed down from us to our children. But all politics aside, can a war outlast generations of innocence, what with the meaning of that war passed down as an indoctrination rather than its original, true, worthy cause.

Somehow, through my early teen years to current, the "middle east peace crisis" has been de-sensitized in my mind to a mere contextual synonym to the Gordian Knot, than a livid socio-economic situation.

Watching Promises, made me realize that a warless world is not a fad, if we all adopt a resolution to stunt our growth to becoming adults and the evil that comes packaged with it.

Promises is a poignant piece of documented history - something I hope that generations to come (future warmongers, politicians, zionists, jihadis, saffron armies, xenophobes and megalomaniacs) will use to remind themselves that they once had pristine, benign thoughts of a world that did not need a Intifada or a "shock and awe" to set things right.

Watch a preview of Promises (quick time media format)

Borrow this flick from your local public library - ISBN: 1567303684

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home